Joliet Domestic Violence Lawyer

Domestic Abuse and Orders for Protection

A spouse or partner does not have the right to beat you, slap you, bully you into submission or threaten you with bodily harm. The Illinois Domestic Violence Act recognizes spousal abuse or violence against any member of the household as a serious criminal offense. It also provides a remedy in the form of a formal order of protection.

If you have been physically abused or threatened, or if you fear for the safety of your children, contact the police and have him (or her) arrested. You can also go down to the police station and file domestic violence charges.

Domestic violence often occurs in the midst of a divorce or break-up. Tell your attorney if you were assaulted or threatened after filing for divorce. Your attorney will get an order for protection (OFP) and help you take steps to protect yourself and children, including referral to a shelter or county agency. Your attorney can also advocate for you if the spouse/partner has violated an OFP.

My law practice, Andrew Boyer P.C., handles all aspects of divorce and family law, including domestic violence protective orders. Whether or not you are getting divorced, I can help. Contact me immediately.

The Other Side of the Story:
Defense for Protective Orders

I also represent men who are accused of domestic violence. I know that whatever happened, you are reeling from the events: arrested and now subject to an emergency restraining order that won't let you return home, talk to your partner or see your children.

I know that domestic assault charges are not always what they seem. I know that allegations of abuse are sometimes exaggerated or fabricated to make the man look bad in divorce or child custody proceedings.

The police and the judge are bound by law to err on the side of the victim's safety, but you have rights too. I will represent you in requesting a hearing to tell your side of the story. My goal as your lawyer is to have the order for protection rescinded or narrowed as much as possible so you are not cut off from your kids or arrested again for an OFP violation.

Shorewood Domestic Abuse Attorney

For a free, confidential consultation with a Joliet domestic violence attorney, you can call me at 877-466-0903 or contact me online. My office is a short distance from the Will County, Grundy County and Kendall County courthouses.

EMail us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Andrew Boyer PC
617 Rollingwood Drive
Shorewood, IL 60404

Phone: 815-768-2325
Toll Free: 877-466-0903
Fax: 815-729-9311
Email | Map and Directions

You can make a secure payment on your
account by Clicking on the Link to pay using

Office Location Visa card